Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2016 End of Year Book Survey

Once again, Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner has provided us with an end of year book survey. Thanks! As usual, I'm skipping some questions.

Reading Statistics:

Number Of Books You Read: 77
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult, Fantasy/Adventure

Best in Books:

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?

By far the best book I read this year was The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.  This book is one of my All Time Favorites!

If I'm just considering YA books, it would be We Are Still Tornadoes by Kun and Mullen. Kind of surprising since YA Contemporaries are not usually my thing.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Probably The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner, since everyone hyped this book so much.  I didn't even finish it.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?

The Plot to Kill Hitler, by McCormick.  I really learned a lot. It gave me a new perspective on WWII.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

The Crown's Game, by Evely Skye.  I'm working on The Diabolic, by Kincaid, but I haven't got many takers yet.

 5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?

The Diabolic, by Kincaid
The Glass Sword, by Aveyard
Blood for Blood, by Graudin

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?

Evelyn Skye, The Crown's Game

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

Torn from Troy, by Bowman.  It's middle grade.  And mythology.  Not my thing.  But I really enjoyed it!

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.  I probably should have put this one for my Best Series Started because I really want to read the other books.

The Fireman by Joe Hill is up there too.

 9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

This rarely happens....

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?

The Crown's Gameby Evely Skye.

11. Most memorable character of 2016?

Sarah from The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?

The Plot to Kill Hitler, by McCormick. I don't know about "life changing," but definitely got me thinking.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?

Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?

I know I quoted a book in a review at least once this year.  But I can never remember when it comes time for this survey! I'm not a big "quoter."

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?

Shortest: October Mourning, by Leslea Newman, 111 (powerful) pages
Longest: Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy, 1000 pages, depending on what edition you are reading.


 17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)

The TERRIBLE cliffhanger in The Glass Sword by Aveyard.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

Scott & Cath from We Are Still Tornadoes by Kun and Mullen

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

I know I keep saying this, but remember this is an ALL TIME favorite....

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

We Are Still Tornadoes by Kun and Mullen

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?

I can't think of one.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?

October Mourning, by Leslea Newman

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

The Bitter Side of Sweet, by Tara Sullivan








Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2017 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I thought the Bitter Side of Sweet was so well done and yes, it made me mad. Mad at a system that treats children that way! I have the Serpent King on my list, so I hope I have more success with it than you did :-) and I've now added We Are Still Tornadoes and The Invention of Wings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...